Monday, February 15, 2010

Find All Possible Combinations Formula

Connie Willis Jean Sasson


This is the true story of a woman born in the opulence of the royal family of Saudi Arabia and had the courage to challenge rules and traditions that forced to live in a gilded cage. Princess Sultana had four houses on three continents, a private jet and an incalculable fortune. But I had no freedom or control over their own actions. Hidden behind the chador, was a prisoner, and guards her parents, her husband, her children. At the risk of being sentenced to death, Sultana reveals the terrible oppression suffered by Saudi women from all social backgrounds. And it does so with honesty and detail, describing his personal ordeal and the arbitrary circumstances that made this possible ...


After finishing A Thousand Splendid Suns, I remembered I had pending Sultana long time, and as the first struck me so much and had more stories need to know how are you, I decided. Although the theme is the same, is another point of view. So far has allowed me to experience another reality that was not conscious: the economic and social power does not imply the welfare and protection for women. Even Sultana, the protagonist of this story, which belongs to the royal family has more rights and influence, a woman of humble origin. Can not get involved in any way to improve the human rights situation in his country, despite its position. But nevertheless, maintained their ideals and dreams of a better future for their children, Proof of this is to tell his story.


This book is very hard as you can imagine, so I could not openly recommend to everyone, but I think it is a story worth knowing. And stay with his teaching of hope and love, because even a child protagonist and is aware of the plight of Saudi women, clings to these two values, and build your own happiness.

***

"My first memory is a scene of violence. When I was four, my mother, usually so gentle, I slapped him. Why? Because my father had imitated in their prayers, but instead of facing Mecca, he did the face of my brother Ali, who was then 6 years. I thought it was a god. How could he think otherwise? Thirty two years later, I still remember the sting of that slap and how I began to ask questions: if my brother was a god why they treated him as such? "


" At the end of war our men were dedicated to praying with great fervor, as they had been saved from the threat of an invading army ... and that women were free. Who dare to say which of the two threats scared them more? "

0 comments:

Post a Comment