Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kitchen Pro Breadmaker Parts

readings: The Pearl by John Steinbeck


Today, John Steinbeck is one of my favorite American authors. Of the four novels I've read it, I think two deserve more than a rereading (healthy exercise that we can not practice as much as we wanted, overwhelmed by the stack of pending): the masterful The Grapes of Wrath and The Pearl.
After the first reading of La Perla (over my life I repeat), I confirm my view that is a little gem of literature does reflect a lot and would remove many consciences. The issue of human greed remains a constant, but this reading has made me more the relationship of parents Coyotito and their struggle for survival, and strength and courage of the mother. This passage struck me that I rescued, I share here with you.

***
"" Dr. Kino will not come, "said Joan.

She looked at him with eyes as cold as a lioness. It was the first son of Juana, almost everything that was in the world to her. Kino noticed his determination and the music sounded familiar in brain with steely tone.

"Then we'll go to him, decided to Juana. With one hand he ordered the blue shawl over her head making a back end to the crying child and the other covered her eyes against the light. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment